Dallas Corporate Event Photography: 3 Things to Look For, Part II
If you read yesterday’s Dallas photography blog, you are aware that we are in the middle of discussing the top three things you need to know in order to find the best Dallas corporate event photographer for your next event. If you missed yesterday’s blog, be sure to catch up by reading Dallas Corporate Event Photography: 3 Things to Look For, Part I.
Yesterday I talked about the most important aspect of your future Dallas corporate event photographer and that was their experience. If your photographer does not have experience, than the next two things you need to know are pretty much worthless. Experience is not just the ability to take quality photographs, but it is also seen in the photographer’s technical skills, their personal understanding of corporate photography, their familiarity with events of all sizes, and last but not least, their professionalism. Remember your corporate event photographer is an extension of your business, so choose wisely. So, if you have found a Dallas corporate event photographer who meets the criteria found under Point #1 being Experience, then you can move on two Points #2 and #3 Turnaround and Pricing.
One of the big topics in Dallas corporate event photography is the turn around time. Of course everyone wants to receive their pictures quickly, but some companies have an immediate need for imagery.
Various Types of Turnaround Needs
1) Live Feed: Client needs a live feed of images directly from the photographer’s camera to them. The client may be projecting these images while the event it taking place.
2) Same Day: Client needs the images the same day as they were taken. Client may be using images from the event to keep their social media sites up to date with their event.
3) Next Day: Client needs the images the following day.
4) Following the Event: Client definitely needs the images, but is not in a super rush to receive them.
Because your needs can vary on turnaround time you need to make sure that your Dallas corporate photographer can accommodate you. You want to make sure that your photographer can have your images to you when you need them. Talk to them about their turnaround times, their rush services if necessary, additional rush charges if applicable and how the images will be transmitted.
Price is on everyone’s mind, and it plays a factor in which Dallas corporate event photographer you choose. As with most things, cheaper does not mean better. You have put a lot of time, effort and money into your corporate event so do not skimp now. Make sure you invest in a photographer that can bring your event to life!
Here are some questions you should ask regarding pricing:
1) What is your hourly event rate?
2) Do you have a minimum hourly rate?
3) Does your rate include an assistant? If not, how much would it cost for an assistant?
4) Does your rate include a second shooter? If not, how much would it cost for a second shooter?
5) Is a DVD or Flashdrive included? If not, how much is a DVD or Flashdrive?
6) Is retouching included, and if so, what does it include? If not, how much is retouching?
There you have it! The three things you need to know in order to hire the right Dallas corporate photographer for your corporate events. It is all about Experience, Turnaround and Price. So the next time you are searching for a Dallas corporate event photographer, we hope you remember these helpful tips and that you will find the right photographer match for your company event. Good luck!